Primary responsibility is to manage Linux and Windows servers in a highly complex and secure environment. It would involve setup, configuration, and management of Active Directory Domain, IBM Servers, Network Appliance and SAN environment with Cisco LAN / WAN equipment. The infrastructure is made up of IBM Servers and SAN, NetAPP in a Windows AD, Citrix and VMware environment.
- Primary Focus: Server Administration (IBM Server, and SAN environment)
- Setup, configure and administration of Linux and Windows servers
- Manage Windows AD environment including group policies
- Manage VMware Server environment
- Virtualize and Consolidate Standalone servers
- Manage Blade Infrastructure
- Manage backup process for Linux and Windows servers
- Manage Network Appliance and SAN Infrastructure
- Proactively manage the performance of servers
- Harden the server environment with Patch Management (WSUS)
- Install Server based application
- Manage audit logs and server logs
- Manage storage area networks for capacity planning and efficient utilization purposes
- Assist in the management of IPS and IDS security environments
- Maintains inventory records of equipment and hardware as well as maintenance records for each piece of equipment, in order to satisfy asset management guidelines.
- Install, upgrade and maintain infrastructure hardware and software including performing daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance
- Maintain back up of files, operating systems, and security rights
- Administrate SharePoint & Tripwire environments
- Troubleshoot HW and Server applications
- Manage security and the integrity of mission critical systems.
- Proven Linux and Windows server administration with minimum 6 year experience
- Holder of MCSE 2003 or above designation
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to develop and deliver presentations to any audience
- Proven drive for learning new skills, technologies and environments
- Proven achievements as a self motivated performer, problem solver, decision maker and risk taker
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Maintaining and executing Disaster Recovery plans.
- Ability to travel and work after hours to make production changes
- Project Management skills to multitask as well as deliver on time.
- Must have certification in Linux
- MCSE 2003 certification or above
- SQL 2005 (or above) and Oracle Server Administration
- Must have experience in Installing Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- Must have experience in clustering Linux and Windows systems
- ISS and Apache administration experience
- VMWare configuration and management Experience
- Storage Area Network and NetAPP Experience
- IBM Servers / Blade Experience
- Citrix Experience
- Active Directory, Group Policy Administration
- Patch Management (WSUS) and SCCM
- Sharepoint Administrator Experience
- Managing Backup & Tape Library System (Tivoli)
- Anti-Virus Management
- Entrust Encryption Management.
Nice to have:
- Cisco Certifications a plus
- SharePoint Server administration
- Entrust Encryption experience
- Knowledge in Citrix Xenserver, Websphere Message Broker, Dialogue application or Rational applications.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.