The Business Analyst will be a member of a Project team that has been established to drive continuous improvements in all departments. This individual will work under an IT manager.
The Business / System Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of key stakeholders and business leads. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements, building requirements documents, solution proposals and designs (whether these are systems or processes), operational standards, technical standards and / or specifications, process documentation and ensuring alignment with Business and Project objectives.
This Business Requirements Analyst will also apply proven project management, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development and technical solution process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to determined specifications
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team members and key users to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards the continuous improvement of the requirements process.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Project Managements, computer science or information systems with at least 5-7 years proven experience working with large and mid size organizations in a Business or Systems Analysis capacity.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ideal candidate will have worked with many varying companies in transformation or continuous improvement projects and proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management and market placement.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including MS Project, Visio,
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages (programming concepts and logic and writing pseudocode).
- Working knowledge of Local Networking and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including MS Office. Expert with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self confident and extremely versatile
- Able to quickly grasp business concepts and needs and translate to technical solutions
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to email@example.com. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.