Reporting to Manager of Technology, this individual will be responsible to manage critical Oracle and SQL Database environments / applications for highly secure business environment.
The Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Administration of Active Message Queue/JMS
- Managing Oracle Database servers (SE, EE) and managing database cluster environment
- Log management for monitoring and troubleshooting
- Performance monitoring and preventive maintenance of servers
- Managing XML schema as well as developing new schemas; including XMLDB
- Administration of Apache WEB server. This includes setup, configuration, troubleshooting and using SSL.
- Writing & Troubleshooting SQL Queries
- Proactively manage the performance of Database & servers
- Harden the Database environment with Patch Management
- Configuration and management of Database High Availability & Failure, including clustering
- Database, Table Replication
- Database Reporting / Report Writing (Asset)
- Manage security and the integrity of mission critical systems
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- System Sizing and Resource Planning
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Must have more than 5 years of experience on managing server environment
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise and experience in configuring Oracle database clustering and managing SE and EE Oracle database.
- Experience in RedHat Satellite/Spacewalk
- Experience in Log Management for troubleshooting and proactive maintenance.
- Expertise in Tomcat application
- ISS and Apache Experience
- Experience in IBM and DELL Server Hardware
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to develop and deliver presentations to any audience
- Proven time management skills to maintain customer service in a high paced environment.
- Proven drive for learning new skills, technologies and environments
- Proven achievements as a self motivated performer, problem solver, decision maker and risk taker
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Project Management skills to multitask as well as deliver on time.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of PKI
- Certification on Oracle DB administration or equivalent
- Programming/Scripting in Languages such as Shell Scripting; eg. Bash, Java/JVM, Perl, ANT and Python
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server management experience
- Storage Area Network and NetAPP Experience an asset.
- Ability to travel
- On-call availability.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to email@example.com. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.