The following role is executed by an experienced test lead who manages the overall test phase of large complex projects where multiple interfaces, applications and specific modules of PeopleSoft are generally considered major components for all projects.
- The test lead will proactively engage and design a testing engagement that fits standard release processes and applied testing methodology using HPQC.
- The test lead is expected to proactively identify risks and document effective mitigations that achieve successful on time delivery for testing commitments (i.e., test plan creation, test scenario development, test script creation, etc.)
- The test lead will provide day-to-day effective oversight of entrance/exit criteria for the test phase ensuring status and partnership with the project manager result in effective team communication throughout requirements, design, development, test and deployment phases of all projects.
- The test lead is expected to participate in review of requirements, design of test engagements and offering experience to test engineers creating test scripts as common tasks for the day to day role.
- Partnering with test leadership and project teams is also expected in devising project planning and forecasting to specify resource commitments for test planning and all execution. The more common forms of success measurements are: Metrics related to defect reduction or elimination in lower life cycles and on time delivery of test artifacts and successful outcomes from ‘proactive’ risk mitigation.
Project Planning, Execution, Tracking & Reporting:
- Create estimate & work breakdown structure for testing tasks; re-evaluate changes to the estimates & testing skill level during the testing process.
- Set clear expectations for project schedule, availability of resources, skill set of resources, testing strategy, and service level agreements for defect turn-around time.
- Analyze high-risk areas of the assigned project.
- Ensure that issues arising during testing are resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicate testing team status and key issues.
- Ensure appropriate information flows between the testing team and the development or technical team, accurately and on a timely basis.
- Create and document Project Test Strategy and Test Plan, using the STD template, based upon use cases/requirements.
- Determine the testing databases needed, identify the high-risk items that need to have additional testing attention, determine the prioritization of tests to be run, and ensure that the team goals are incorporated into the project strategy.
- Execute any client related extensions to requirements and/or regression issues.
- Review Test Plans to ensure that all the requirements are accounted for.
- Perform a test coverage traceability analysis to ensure that all requirements and supporting specifications are tested using the test cases with duplicates, invalid, and out-of-scope scenarios removed.
- Verify actual versus expected test results and determine root cause of issues.
- Lead the Test Execution walkthrough with the team and document any trends emerging from the Test Execution Review.
- Review testing results to ensure that Testing sign-off meets the standard of quality necessary for any project.
- Work with the testing team to improve the Test Data Repository, including additions, subtractions, and modifications to Test Cases.
- Incorporate quality measures and checkpoints by reviewing documentation and acting as an expert resource on test plans, testing process, and quality assurance.
- Adhere to project process.
- Ensure that the processes followed in project are in accordance with Quality Management System.
- Work across projects observing and monitoring adherence to the prescribed processes.
- Ensure that metrics data is collected for effort, schedule variance, and defects.
- Publish the defect and testing effort data to the onshore counterparts.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement by actively seeking continuous improvement in all areas of work including testing methodology, associate development, tool and code enhancements, and process flow.
- Sign-off on the quality of the test. Submit analysis of issues and summarize the quality of the release.
- Facilitate learning the preferred tools and testing methodology and providing informal or formal training to associates within the area of expertise.
- Responsible for developing and growing the testing team level of performance.
- Recognize what can be gained from change and identify areas for improvement.
- Coach team in a variety of ways on a broad spectrum of projects, including: Creating test plans, using specific testing approaches and tools, executing test cases, analyzing issues, and documenting issues
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelors / Masters Degree in Engineering/Computer Application OR a Graduate with certification in Computer stream or equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- PeopleSoft Testing experience (version 8.9 or higher).
- PeopleSoft upgrade experience.
- (1-2 years) PeopleSoft HR and Payroll Module experience.
- (2-3 years) Test lead role – large project experience.
- (3-5 years) Industry experience including: Technical leadership for testing activities; Knowledge of SDLC, Testing Methodology; Must have experience with HPQC application; Must have experience with major enterprise data migrations; Must have experience with multiple enterprise applications (i.e. SAP, PeopleSoft)
In addition to position qualifications, the ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Domain/Technical Expertise
- Client Focus
- Personal Impact
- Operational Excellence
- Business Acumen
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to email@example.com. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.