- Under technical direction, underwrites and analyzes new and renewal business.
- Administers and monitors underwriting rules and guideline, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Works writing significant limits and authority on assignments of higher technical complexity and coordination.
- May provide guidance to lower level associates.
- Markets companies’ products and services through an agency plant or through the brokerage community.
- Develops/maintains agency and /or broker relationships.
- Bachelors Degree Or Equivalent
- 4 Or More Years Of Related Experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively assess risk.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to function effectively in team environment.
- PC literate.
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation.
- Measure exposure/analyze risk
- Quote and Set Coverage
- Negotiate terms/conditions
- Service account
- Manage agencies
- Manage profitability
- Renewal underwriting
- Apply principle/practices to insurance
- Contribute to product development
- Contribute to underwriting standards
- Assist as technical product knowledge resource
- May provide peer training or mentoring
- Place reinsurance (facultative)
- Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current agents/brokers.
- Provide technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway
- Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes
- Resolve technical issues within function or unit
- Analyze needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products
- Lead short-term (3 to 9 months), defined scope projects
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members.
- Educate team members and business partners on area of technical expertise.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.