- Under general direction, underwrites and analyzes new and renewal business utilizing the Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Administers and monitors underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- May provide guidance to lower level associates.
- Develops and maintains relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Supports sales culture by being a HelpPoint for agents, brokers and customers.
- Note: In business units that sell direct to the customer, references to the agent, broker or distributor may be replaced by parties such as prospect, insured, customer, sales representative or other terms that are customary in the unit.
- Bachelors Degree Or Equivalent
- 4 Or More Years Of Related Experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively assess risk.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to function effectively in team environment.
- PC literate.
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation.
- Proactively seeks renewal and new account opportunities
- Completes detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
- Qualifies accounts to meet with appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity
- Makes broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
- Negotiating Terms & Conditions and closes deals
- Cross-Sells other lines of business to increase product density with the account
- Participates in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory
- Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
- Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame
- Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts
- Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
- Measure exposure/analyze risk
- Quote and Set Coverage
- Negotiate terms/conditions
- Service account
- Manage agencies
- Manage profitability
- Renewal underwriting
- Apply principle/practices to insurance
- Contribute to product development
- Contribute to underwriting standards
- Assist as technical product knowledge resource
- May provide peer training or mentoring
- Place reinsurance (facultative)
- Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current agents/brokers.
- Provide technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway
- Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes
- Resolve technical issues within function or unit
- Analyze needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products
- Lead short-term (3 to 9 months), defined scope projects
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members.
- Educate team members and business partners on area of technical expertise.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.