- Under technical supervision, handles claims of medium exposure and complexity within specific limits and authority.
- Generally handles all standard line of business claims, including Bodily Injury claims.
- Experience in managing bodily injury both GL and auto in Alberta and GL in BC would be an asset.
- Core hours 10:00 to 6:30 pm or 12:30 to 8:30 pm.
- Verifies applicable coverage and liability.
- Contacts insureds and claimants by phone. Gathers information germane to exposure and Best Practices and acts upon information received.
- Provides updates to interested parties based on information contained in the file.
- Interviews witnesses.
- Sets appropriate reserves within authority level.
- Assigns Auto Physical Damage appraisals.
- Complies with Customer Protocol.
- Documents claim files pursuant to Best Practices.
- May have designated accounts.
- Recognizes Subrogation and Fraud.
- Must meet state license requirements within prescribed timeframe.
- Anticipates, recognizes and responds to customer needs; supports implementation of customer initiatives.
- Compares alternatives for solving problems or improving procedures or products and provides recommendations.
- Provides technical expertise for short-term, defined scope projects.
- Has designated accounts.
- Manages low-level litigation.
- Handles multi-party claims.
- Negotiates settlements within authority limit.
- Hires counsel; oversees litigation; negotiates litigiation settlements.
- Serves as a mentor to lower level claims associates.
- Provides technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships; anticipates customer needs and monitors trends in order to recommend changes.
- Resolves technical issues within function and/or unit.
- Provide technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway
- Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes
- Resolve technical issues within function or unit
- Analyze needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products
- Lead short-term (3 to 9 months), defined scope projects
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members.
- Educate team members and business partners on area of technical expertise.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
All applicants must email resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job title on your subject heading.